Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yarn Snobs



I wanted to write about my pet peeve of pattern designers using some riduculously expensive (and usually ugly) designer yarn in a pattern and either 1) not giving the comprable weight of the yarn so we can substitute it or 2) giving the comprable but only give the amount in the weight of grams or some other obscure measurement I will never figure out. I really want to go to these people and say, pull your head out of you know where and realize that instead of creating a pattern with yarn only a pro would use, create the pattern with yarn anyone could find and then let the pros, who know how and what to substitute without you telling them, substitute their snobby yarn. Give us the easiest yarn to use and then give suggestions for the adventurous and rich people to go buy $45 a skein yarn. Me and my cheap hooker ways just can't fathom spending that much on yarn.

No comments: