Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Significantly Lacking

I am loving this book I got to see where all of my knitting problems are going wrong, but it is lacking one very important part that I didn't realize until I finished my first scarf (see pic below). How do I keep the edges of my work neat? Knit fix seems to be geared towards knitted garments (i.e. things that will have sewn seams) and doesn't give any advice on neat edgings on things like scarfs (please feel free to yell at me if I glanced over this section and it actually does exist).

Anywhoo, I went a googling to see what advice others have for neat scarf edges and found a super simple fix. So I will share it with all who have not heard this so you too will have neat edges.

TIP: No matter what the stitch calls for on any given row, always knit the first stitch of the row, and purl the last stitch of the row.

I am working on a 1x1 rib scarf now and so far so good. I will post some pics once it is done.

No comments: