Monday, August 18, 2008

Crochet on Hold


My wonderful husband let me go on a shopping spree while on our vacation this past weekend. What you see above you is the damage I did. I got a new toy in the Ipod Itouch. It's funny because I was the person who told everyone that I would never own an Ipod, I'm just not that into music (like music, but not a snob). However, this thing is sooooo coool. Its like a mini computer, with web browsing, movie playing and of course music playing. I love love love it.

My second purchase almost didn't happen. I wanted a new camera, but was thinking of a simple point and shoot. I wasn't thinking about a SLR because I have an old Pentax manual (as in not digital) and didn't want to give in and get a digital because I thought it would seem like a clunky point and shoot. My husband finally talked me into it and I am so glad he did. This thing is so cool. It feels and acts just like an old school SLR right down to the mirror moving when taking pictures. Yet it is so much better because it can make up for your lack of perfect lighting, or perfect composition. You can fix everything in camera or after on the computer. I am a true believer in SLR digital.

Because of these two purchases I haven't crocheted at all these past few days. I am way too busy converting my music library on my computer and learning all about my new camera. I will try to get back into the swing of it soon though.



No comments: