Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Deer caught in the headlights...

That is look that any person who has been thru an earthquake before gets just as the first jolt hits. As you may have heard, my little town of Los Angeles just got hit with a healthy 5.8 jolt and I was thinking about how whenever I am in an earthquake (lived here my whole life, so quite a few), no matter where you are or who you are with as soon as the first wave hits, everyone stops and gets the meerkat manor thing going on. We all look up and around at everyone to see if
1) Will there be more shakes after this one.
2) If there is more, is anyone going to be the uncool person to make a run for it outside. Seriously its like a unspoken oath to try to be as cool as you can in an earthquake. You are supposed to stand there and look like you are on a ride at disneyland.
Thankfully I have never been out in public when a major one hits, cuz I would so be the uncool one. Ya never know when the big one will hit.
Anyways, it was a fun ride while it lasted and I hope no more aftershocks today.

No comments: